Research & Development
Research & Development
Use of high quality natural coniferous resin as main raw material is based on scientific evidence and its efficacy is proven in clinical studies. The Resol® Technology patented by Repolar Pharmaceuticals is the latest step in proven and powerful product development based on the early findings and research into resin.
Repolar has a certified quality system according to ISO 13485 for design and manufacturing of medical devices.
Doctoral thesis Download
Clinical studies & case reports
- Traumatic Wound 1
- Traumatic Wound 2
- Pressure Ulcer
- Diabetic Ulcer Case 1
- Diabetic Ulcer Case 2
- Complicated Surgical Wound 1
- Complicated Surgical Wound 2
- Complicated leg ulcer
- Burn Injury
- Burn Injury 2
- Sipponen A, Kuokkanen O, Tiihonen R, Kauppinen H, Jokinen JJ. Natural coniferous resin salve used to treat complicated surgical wounds: pilot clinical trial on healing and costs. Int J Dermatol 2012;51:726-32.
- Sipponen A, Jokinen JJ, Sipponen P, Papp A, Sarna S, Lohi J. Beneficial effect of resin salve in treatment of severe pressure ulcers: a prospective, randomized and controlled multi-center trial. Br J Dermatol 2008;158:1055-62.
- Lohi J, Sipponen A, Jokinen JJ. Local dressings for pressure ulcers: what is the best tool to apply in primary and second care? J Wound Care 2010;19:123-7.
- Sipponen A, Jokinen JJ, Lohi J. Resin salve from the Norwegian spruce tree: a ‘novel’ method for the treatment of chronic wounds. J Wound Care 2007;16:72-4.
- Lohi J, Sipponen A, Rautio M, Jokinen JJ, Saranpää P. Resin-salve from Norway spruce – a potential method to treat infected chronic skin ulcers? Abstract. 15th Nordic congress of general practice. Reykjavik. June 13-16. 2007.
- Sipponen P, Sipponen A, Lohi J, Soini M, Tapanainen R, Jokinen JJ. Natural coniferous resin lacquer in treatment of toenail onychomycosis: an observational study. Mycoses 2013;56:289-96.
- Auvinen T, Tiihonen R, Soini M, Wangel M, Sipponen A, Jokinen JJ. Efficacy of topical resin lacquer, amorolfine and oral terbinafine for treating toenail onychomycosis: a prospective, randomized, controlled, investigator-blinded, parallel-group clinical trial. Br J Dermatol 2015;173:940-8.
- Rautio M, Sipponen A, Lohi J, Lounatmaa K, Koukila-Kähkölä P, Laitinen K. In vitro fungistatic effects of natural coniferous resin from Norway spruce (Picea abies). Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 2012;31:1783-9.
- Sipponen A, Laitinen K. Antimicrobial properties of natural coniferous rosin in the European Pharmacopoeia challenge test. APMIS 2011;119:720-4.
- Sipponen A, Peltola R, Jokinen JJ, Laitinen K, Lohi J, Rautio M, Männistö M, Sipponen P, Lounatmaa K. Effects of Norway spruce (Picea abies) resin on cell wall and cell membrane of Staphylococcus aureus. Ultrastruct Pathol 2009;33:128-35.
- Sipponen A, Rautio M, Jokinen JJ, Laakso T, Saranpää P, Lohi J. Resin salve from Norway spruce – a potential method to treat infected chronic skin ulcers? Drug Metab Lett 2007;1:143-5.
- Rautio M, Sipponen A, Peltola R, Lohi J, Jokinen JJ, Papp A, Carlson P, Siponen P. Antibacterial effects of home-made resin salve from Norway spruce (Picea abies). APMIS 2007;115:335-40.