- Abilar® VET contains 10% of Norway spruce (Picea abies) resin collected from Finnish Lapland and cold-cleaned. The salve has effects that soothe itching and irritation resulting from skin lesions and accelerate the healing of wounds.
- Abilar® VET is a versatile salve that is effective from insect stings and superficial scratches to bites and deep wounds. It is also suitable for purulent skin, intertrigo and abscesses. The salve does not sting.
- Abilar® VET forms a protective film on the skin that does not dissolve easily, even in moist conditions (suppurating wounds, paws, paw pads, claws, calcars, horses’ hooves, pasterns and cloven hooves).
- The resin flavour of the salve reduces the animal’s desire to lick the wound.
- Available in 10ml and 30ml.
Package sizes, storage and shelf life
Store in room temperature
Petrolatum, Paraffinum Liquidum, Norway Spruce (Picea abies) Resin, Alcohol Denat., Cera Microcristallina, Sorbitan Oleate, Cera Alba, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Stearic Acid
Clean and dry the area of the wound. In purulent wounds, the removal of fur from the area to be treated and around it speeds up the drying of the wound.
Apply Abilar® VET salve directly to the wound or alternatively to the dressing that you put over the wound.
Treatment of the wound should be performed every 1–3 days as necessary. The wound should then be cleaned and dried, Abilar® VET salve should be added and, if necessary, a new dry dressing put over it.
Efforts should be made to prevent the animal licking the wound, because its saliva will slow down and even prevent the wound from healing. If necessary, use a cone collar.
The use of Abilar VET salve must be continued until the skin lesion or wound has healed. The time needed for treatment can vary from a few days to several weeks depending on, for example, the depth of the damage.